How does augmented reality advance logistics and other operations with HoloLens 2 in Industry 4.0?
In Industry 4.0, the Internet is no longer a means to an end, but the core of the whole. Accordingly, the HoloLens 2 is made for Industry 4.0 requirements. It is not just a simple pair of data glasses, but a full-fledged high-performance computer that offers all networking possibilities with WLAN. The powerful hardware and extensive software support can be used effectively in the following areas, among others:
- Assembly: Help customers with virtual step-by-step instructions.
- Logistics: Picking and warehousing with visualization of quantities and stock levels.
- Quality control: Before, during and after production – can be implemented anywhere thanks to virtual data glasses.
- Training: Teams and individuals can be virtually accompanied and trained during ongoing processes.
- Service and maintenance: Augmented reality for error analysis and problem solving.
Of course, this is only a brief glimpse of the possibilities that will be offered in the future by the integration of augmented reality in the implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions. According to experts, the full bandwidth is not at all foreseeable today, just as the modern Internet could not yet be imagined when the modem was invented.